Saturday, December 31, 2011

From Everlasting to Everlasting

313. a really great sermon tonight on Psalm 190
314. a new church where I can be a part of a community and grow and learn (and experience grace and learn to show grace and make mistakes and grow and be)
315. conversations with other women, young and old, who teach me and show me more about Christ
316. a very encouraging conversation with Nikki tonight...she is also teaching 3 different grades of literature at a classical school, and I could really identify with her struggles and joys (and she with mine). We have such similar personalities and similar jobs that it is very refreshing (and reassuring!) to hear her perspective.
317. a trip home for Christmas...to see my immediate family, my church family (Faith Bible Fellowship was like a big reunion--for me anyway--on Christmas day...Heather and Corey were there, Jessica, Laura, and so many other dear faces), some extended family, and just to take some "mandatory" time away from the routine of work.
318. a really good year...lots of lessons and mistakes, and a greater understanding of grace, and some really great times as well (moving up to teach in the Upper School, becoming a part of a new community, cultivating some new friendships, good times spent with old friends, a trip out west, finishing my MA--finally!, some more relaxed time this summer spent with my family, and overall a blessed and full year).
319. laughter...at myself and often with my students. (When I was in Richmond for Thanksgiving, Cristy and I were exchanging teaching stories. I told her that my students often make me laugh, and that I actually had to tell them that they could only make me laugh for the right reasons--it has to relate to the literature we are discussing--and she said, "Be thankful for any opportunity to laugh--it is a blessing!" I am very, very blessed indeed, for I frequently laugh with my students.
320. a new year and the promises and prayers in Psalm 90: "from everlasting to everlasting you are God"; "Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days"; "Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands upon us; yes, establish the work of our hands!"

No comments:

Post a Comment